It used to be said that “you can’t believe everything you read on the internet” although apparently many now do. Information literacy is increasingly an important part of civics education. There are many good emerging on-line resources available (yes, on the internet!) to help you teach this valuable skill. Several of these are listed below.
Challenges in Information Literacy:
- Information Literacy and Comps: Common Challenges and Some Solutions
- Finding Data and Primary Sources
- Exploring a Range of Source Types
- Going Beyond the Sources
- Information Literacy Instruction in Higher Education: Trends and Issues.
- The Value of Information Literacy
Possible Lesson Plans:
- Information Literacy Lesson Plans
- ACRL Framework for Information Literacy Sandbox
Fact-Checking & Resources: